An online record of the trials and tribulations of a mother-doctor-foodaholic with low tolerance for deadlines, lego on the floor and carbs.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Green Thumb?

Now everyone who knows me, down to my maid, knows that I do not have a green thumb. In fact, this picture is of the only green chlorophyll producing organism that I have ever kept alive for more than 6 months' duration. Mr Plant was a gift of Jackie, a good compatriot in crime in the lab, who gave it for a birthday present and promised to help look after it even after I had left. Now she's gone as well, to study medicine, (bully for her!), and this plant is either being kept alive by Sindu (biochemist supremo and faithful plant manager), or has died a natural death. In any case, it needed to be repotted, but I never did it, because I figured that anything requiring more effort than 10 ml a day via measuring cylinder was not going to work very well given my track record. So back in Singapore, I have tried to grow pandan leaves, money plants and herbs, and given the inevitable, have gone back to good ol' plastic. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home